Your shopping cart is empty.
Tips for a plastic-free life
Plastic can be used for almost anything and is also very cheap to produce. It is well known that plastic is bad for the environment. Once plastic is produced, it no longer perishes. And more and more plastic ends up in the environment. This creates a so-called plastic soup. In many countries, the rainy season is the same as the plastic season.
In order to counteract the negative consequences of plastic and the production of plastic as much as possible, plastic-free living is important. In this blog you can read about the impact of plastic on the environment and we give you tips for a plastic-free life.
Impact of plastic on the environment
Every year there is an average of 250 million tons of plastic produced. Half of this plastic produced is intended for single use. After single use, much of this plastic ends up in the environment as litter. It takes about 100 years for the material to decompose. An average of 4,7 million tons of plastic ends up in the sea. This mainly has an impact on the birds and sea creatures. As a result, every year 100 million animals die by plastic.
15 Tips for a plastic-free life
It is clear that something has to change to live plastic-free. How to live plastic-free? You can easily contribute to reducing the plastic soup and thereby reducing the impact on the environment. You read below 15 plastic free living tips.
- Bring your own shopping bag!
- When purchasing, choose products packed in cardboard or paper.
- Create a vegetable garden and grow your own vegetables and/or fruit here. Fun to do and good for the environment!
- Do you want to cover a product? Instead of cling film, use a bowl with a plate on it!
- Try the plastic-free razors! These exist for men and women.
- Do you want to buy new cosmetics? Then watch it zero label!
- Buy your products from an organic farmer. Organic products are often packaged sustainably here.
- Say no to advertising brochures in your letterbox!
- Make someone happy with things you no longer use. This is also good for your own wallet!
- Are you going into the garden? Use rubber gloves for this.
- Reuse your glass jars with lids to store your pasta, for example.
- Sign the petition 'A sea without plastic' by WWF.nl. Together for a plastic free life!
- Bring power tools or food processors to family, friends, neighbors, instead of throwing them away.
- Visit small shops more often. Small shops are often more aware of a plastic-free life.
- Choose sustainable cleaning products without plastic and toxic chemicals. Read more in our blog 'Is Plastic Toxic?'.
YouSea and zero waste
YouSea is committed to a cleaner world. Together with experts in the field of sustainable and ecological cleaning, YouSea has developed the Eco-Xtabs™ designed. These Eco-Xtabs™ are natural cleaning products, free of toxic chemicals, and they are easily soluble in an aluminum refill bottle, which saves you 25 cleaning bottles per year!